Of course....how far back, goes into some internal debate.... Do I tell you about being 11 and smoking cigarettes my friends and I stole from our parents, or bought from vending machines at the Hard Rock Cafe in Fashion Island, Newport Beach, CA...OR Should I go further back....to being 10 and drinking with my best friend Amanda's older brother and his friends after all the parents were in bed...and then pounding tequila to show off and getting the spins and puking on the carpets.... OR stealing and selling cigarettes from my dad in 4th grade (somewhere around that same drinking time) and selling them at school and getting caught and suspended. The second part of that last story would be when I got back to school, kneeing the little boy in the balls who told on me after I sold him the smokes- causing him to need an operation. Or there was the wine my friend and stole from our mutual friends parents cellar and then drank and chased with juice boxes since the wine didnt taste sweet enough...although I am sure it was very expensive...and then stealing my friend's mother's car and crashing it through a cement wall a few blocks away....
I could talk about smoking pot and ditching school every day with seniors when I was in 7th grade..then staying out all night playing pool in coffee shops..Then running away when some adult, such as a parent (i.e. my mother since my father was in prison for drugs himself) attempted to tell me what to do...
I am sure there is much more of the old stuff... each with a story which at some point should be written down... but all that stuff seems so ancient now...
Now being 27 and detoxing off of heroin for the 2nd time.... Maybe I will just leave this for now as my opener for now... more blanks to fill in another day I suppose.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment